Following a profound transformation, VEA Newport Beach, a Marriott Resort & Spa, will officially debut this spring. Formerly the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, the property is undergoing a complete refresh, including new coastal-inspired luxury rooms, the introduction of two new categories of suites, three restaurant and bar concepts newly imagined wellness center, a high-performance spa and fitness center, expansive new indoor and outdoor event spaces and a luxury pool experience.
Translating to mean “see,” VEA’s namesake celebrates its ocean and city views from its Newport Beach location, offering guests a wealth of experiences and witnessing. Set above Newport Beach’s scenic tapestry, the property is created as a social sanctuary – a place to get away from it all in the center of it all; a destination that, while not far from major Southern California metro hubs, still feels miles away from the bustle of the city. It will be a destination for socializing (with regular live music, a lively pool scene, designer fashion experiences in nearby luxury shopping destination Fashion Island, and vibrant dining experiences) but also for hiding, whether whether in a solo retreat in a wellness suite or time spent at SpaVea. A captivating destination in an iconic city, VEA guests will revel in a social sanctuary with views and experiences that epitomize the quintessential elements of Newport Beach.
VEA is being redesigned to focus on the most important aspect of the hotel: the ocean view. VEA’s vision is brought to life by acclaimed architecture and design firms HBA, Gensler, Burton Studio and Houston Tyner Architects, with warm woods, muted neutrals, delicate marble and sculptural glass for high-end design without excessive complexity. “Eagle Four Partners and Lyon Living’s inspiration for VEA came from diverse international flavors and travels around the world, establishing contemporary and cosmopolitan influences from the world’s greatest waterfront destinations,” remarks Kevin Martin of Eagle Four Partners. “It merges perfectly with the unique spirit of California’s ‘Riviera’ to set the stage for a lively gathering place with both sophisticated energy and precious pockets of tranquility. We are excited to kick off our transformation,” adds Marriott General Manager Debbie Snavely.
HALL & PUBLIC SPACES
VEA’s lobby will be a place that brings the outdoors in, with folding glass NanaWalls at the front and back of the lobby, opening up an entire wall of the space to create a true indoor-outdoor experience. Upon entering the entrance oculus, guests will be greeted by an impressive pier-inspired entrance with a massive circular waterfall that leads to the luxury lobby enveloped by stunning wave-inspired millwork with ocean views above. of the. In addition to an exclusive restaurant and lounge that opens onto the veranda with views of the golf course and the ocean, the lobby will feature selected and commissioned works of art, as well as a coffee bar and a European-inspired patisserie, which will turn into a wine bar in the evening with charcuterie and other small plates to share.
ROOMS & SUITES
All rooms are completely redesigned for the ultimate coastal luxury experience, with soft beach-inspired color palettes of tan, gray and blue and minimal artwork to celebrate the resort’s main feature, the views . Other amenities and highlights include fireplaces in some upscale rooms, Frette bathrobes and bath towels, crisp linens, luxury Molton Brown toiletries, Nespresso machines, turndown service night, and much more.
Four-bedroom group suites will feature expansive layouts with full kitchens featuring Bosch, Fisher & Paykel, U-Line, and Perlick appliances, and luxuriously appointed living rooms, all with expansive views of the Pacific Ocean. These were created for group travel, ideal for getaways with friends, weddings, family vacations, corporate gatherings, and more.
The Wellness/Mindful-Focused Suites have been designed to create the ultimate relaxation experience at VEA. Their decor will include soft, muted colors and natural elements like wood, marble, and stone, as well as a spacious bathroom with spa products and a deep soaking tub with bath salts. VEA will not only be a destination for socializing, but also for ultimate relaxation, making these suites an excellent choice for travelers looking to unwind, experience additional wellness offerings beyond a typical guest room and to seek some rest and respite.
FOOD AND DRINKS
With the arrival of VEA, three new food and drink destinations:
- A spacious restaurant/lounge in the heart of the hotel connected to a veranda by folding glass doors that blend seamlessly inside and out, with fire pits, comfortable seating, live music, abundant greenery, views of the ocean and golf course, breakfast/lunch/dinner service, and late night specials. Its cuisine will be Mediterranean in flavor and Californian lifestyle, and will serve bites throughout the day with an emphasis on beverages, including tableside martinis.
- A European-inspired coffee bar and patisserie in the lobby lounge offering artisan coffee with pastries and espresso-based drinks, which will transform into a wine bar in the evening with charcuterie and other small plates to share.
- At the rear of the property will be a poolside terrace bar that represents the end of the pier overlooking the Newport Beach Country Club, with a menu of California-inspired favorites, including fresh seafood locals, craft beers and signature cocktails (including a favorite VEA, a frosty paloma with an Aperol finish).
SPA & FITNESS CENTER
The 14,000 square foot spa will feature 14 treatment rooms, a dedicated saltwater pool, and a fitness center with a yoga studio, offering a variety of classes and equipment. Additionally, there will be new cabanas, a private event lawn with a fireplace, and lounge seating at the spa pool.
MEETINGS AND EVENTS
For all occasions large and small, a total of over 60,000 square feet of indoor/outdoor event space is being developed, creating the perfect setting for a wide range of corporate gatherings or social engagements at VEA, including:
- an event lawn facing the ocean with the perfect Southern California backdrop;
- a new outdoor event lawn adjacent to the ballrooms facing the cosmopolitan beauty of Newport Center;
- a new flexible indoor/outdoor event space behind the property overlooking the coast, perfect for large social engagements and weddings;
- additional spaces that provide indoor and outdoor environments for business and leisure.
VEA Newport Beach is located at 900 Newport Center Dr., Newport Beach, CA 92660, and will begin rolling out elements of its refresh as early as February 2022, followed by updates rolling out in the spring. More information at www.VEANewportBeach.com.