Famous basketball player, James lebron is an American professional player and entrepreneur who has won four NBA Championships, four NBA MVP awards, four NBA Finals MVP awards and two Olympic gold medals.
James has an estimated net worth of $ 850 million after factoring in taxes, expenses and returns on investment, according to Forbes.
James has yet to make his debut in the billionaire club even though he has earned over $ 1 billion in his long career spanning over 18 years. His income includes a salary of approximately $ 400 million and extrajudicial income of approximately $ 600 million.
LeBron James net worth: income from salary and product endorsements
He is the sixth highest paid player in the NBA in terms of salary alone. He earns a salary of $ 41.1 million per year. James is also one of the highest paid and most powerful celebrities in the world.
It makes a huge $ 50 to $ 60 million per year in product endorsements. He caused a sensation by signing a $ 1 billion lifetime contract with Nike. This is the very first lifetime contract offered by Nike since its inception.
List of approval agreements
James has signed product approval agreements with many reputable companies such as McDonald’s, Microsoft, State Farm, Beats by Dre, Coca-Cola, Dunkin-Donuts, Baskin Robbins, Samsung, Nike, among others. He also owns 1% of the capital of Beats by Dre. He made $ 30 million when the company was sold to Apple for $ 3 billion.
Big deal with Nike
James was only 18 when he signed his first Nike sponsorship deal. In 7 years, he made $ 90 million, or about $ 12.8 million per year.
To date, he earns around $ 20 million a year from Nike, which includes not only the salary, but also the royalties collected on his signature line of shoes. James then signed a lifetime sponsorship deal with Nike in December 2015 for over $ 1 billion.
LeBron James Sources of Income
- Signature of the first Nike contract of 90 million dollars over 7 years.
- Earned $ 450 million in salary and endorsements in first ten years of NBA career.
- Has made a cumulative amount of $ 700 million so far in his career through his salary and endorsements.
- Proud owner of approximately $ 80 million in real estate.
- Investment in many startups and partly owns Liverpool FC
- In 2018, James, together with Cindy Crawford, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Lindsey, launched the health and wellness company âLadderâ.
- The LeBron James Family Foundation, established in 2018, has big plans to spend $ 41 million to send kids to college.
- James and his partners own 19 Blaze Pizza franchises in Chicago and South Florida.
- He has his own production company, SpringHill Entertainment, and a media company, Uninterrupted.
LeBron James – Personal Life
LeBron James was born in 1984 in Ohio. His mother gave him a miniature basketball hoop and ball that he played for hours as a baby. When he grew up, basketball became an integral part of his life. He immediately excelled in the game when he was in elementary school.
He became the youngest person to join the USA Today All USA first team while studying at St Vincent-St Mary’s High School. It later became popular as “King James”. He started appearing on the cover of “SLAM” magazine while in high school.
James married his high school sweetheart Savannah Brinson in 2013 and has three children.
The real estate value of LeBron James
James’ family owns a $ 9 million mansion in Miami. LeBron James bought a 9,350 square foot mansion in Los Angeles for $ 21 million in 2015.
He also bought another $ 23 million mansion in Brentwood in 2017 and a $ 36.8 million Beverly Hills mansion in 2020.